Our Client based in the suburb of Cork City is seeking an Accounts Payable / Payroll Assistant to join the accounts team of 7.
Our Client is a key organisation in the community and area. The ideal candidate will take pride in working for an organisation that makes a real difference. Candidate will play an integral role in the finance division.
The hours and days of work are Monday – Thursday 8am-4pm, Friday 8am-3pm.
Accounts Payable Assistant, you will be expected to perform accounting and administrative tasks conscientiously and with attention to detail. This role will have full responsibility for accounts payable to all group companies.
Salary & Benefits
Great team environment
- To always act in a professional manner always to colleagues, staff, suppliers, residents, resident’s representatives, etc.
- To fully participate in working groups and team meetings.
- To attend any training sessions to further knowledge or skills as deemed necessary by the financial controller.
- To undertake any other duties required to keep accounts payable running smoothly.
- To help maintain a safe environment for staff, residents and visitors, through awareness of health and safety policies and by attending training as required.
- Prioritise work and manage time effectively.
- Ensure all approved supplier invoices and credit notes are interfaced to Exchequer (accounting software) daily.
- Process payment runs (BACS and Cheques).
- Prepare creditors reconciliations; verify payments reconcile to supplier’s statements and outstanding invoices.
- Manage aged creditors reports, ensuring aged items are reviewed, escalated and followed up.
- Create new supplier accounts as and when required on Exchequer and Bgate.
- Run ad hoc reports
- Follow up with invoice/credit note approvers in a timely manner, if invoices are not being approved, to resolve any issues.
- Interface approved invoices from Bgate to Exchequer.
- Process invoice manually on Bgate, while the supplier template is still being set-up.
- Prepare month end accrual journals from Bgate extract.
- Continuously improving controls and processes.
- Documenting, including procedures manuals for all processes, clearly showing the control checks.
- Manage - Invoicing and Statements E-mails boxes for the Group.
- Ad Hoc work to support the accounts/ holiday cover team as required.
Please apply through the link provided for the attention of Cloe Stapleton at Osborne or call Cloe on 01 5984334 for further information.
For details of all Osborne jobs please see www.osborne.ie Apply Now