Our large client in Dublin 11 is looking for an Assistant Accountant person to join their team on a Permanent ongoing basis.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their accounting experience in a busy finance department.
Assist in the weekly/monthly management accounts process and annual budget/quarterly forecasting process. Support the Financial Account and Head of Finance in the smooth and effective running of the finance department
Salary & Benefits
- Kitchen, Car Parking
- €30,000- €35,000 per annum DOE
- Assist the Financial Account in management of the month end/year end process. Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring integrity of financial accounts, VAT returns, RCT return, P30 returns etc.
- Assist in the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process. Participate in annual audits etc.
- Support the Financial Account and Head of Finance in the smooth and effective running of the finance department.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly management accounts.
- Assist in maintaining the weekly cashflow forecast.
- Completion of suite of month end management reports.
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in the year-end audit.
- Assist with the preparation of year statutory accounts.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat and CSO Returns.
- Maintain weekly petty cash reconciliation.
- Supporting the quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting process.
- Supervisory support to the AP department.
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Strong IT skills (ie. Good Excel and reporting skills).
- Oracle experience would be helpful.
- Attention to detail, string problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven focus on continuous improvements.
- Deadline driven and results focused.
- Work effectively with team members – internal and external to department and organisation.
- Possess the energy, enthusiasm & flexibility to successfully work with other team members in analyzing, understanding and working to improve the systems that underpin financial reporting.
- Good understanding of accounting guidelines.
- Min 1-2 years practical experience.
- Familiar with multi-site, high volume transaction organisation.
- Knowledge of subcontractor tax requirement.
- Experience in the utilities/construction industry.
- Previous knowledge of Oracle & Business Objectives applications.
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Cloe Stapleton or call Osborne Recruitment on 01 5984334
For more information on all our current jobs visit www.osborne.ie