Responsible for the accounting, day to day management, reconciliation and analysis of all fuel card operations for the Company retail business. Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting.
Control and ownership of Balance Sheet and P&L statements. Responsible for monitoring and reconciliation of fuel card transactions and related clearing transactions The position reports directly to the Head of Finance for the Company, and is a key role in a high performing finance team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with financial reporting and management accounts preparation
- Preparation of a management reporting pack with analysis and commentary on KPI’s, for internal management decision making purposes
- Preparation of reconciliations and journal postings for the monthly management accounts
- Ongoing working capital, cash flow and overhead management
- Supporting the weekly, monthly and annual budget and forecasting process
- Oversight of daily payments and receipts to ensure transactions are processed accurately and on a timely basis
- Working with the Accounts Receivable team to ensure adequate credit control around the fuel card business
- Ongoing analysis and review of fuel card volumes and margins
- Liaising with the Commercial and Operations functions in Denmark to support the business
- Assist in areas of risk management and compliance, and liaise closely with external auditors
- Support the Head of Finance on ad hoc projects as and when required
- Interaction with external/internal parties including customers, auditors and DCC Group Compliance teams
- Keep up to date on relevant accounting issues that may impact on this business
- Perform role in line with all DCC Group HSE and other corporate policies
- Supervising and training of junior team members
- Cross train with other members of the Finance Team to ensure adequate holiday / leave cover can be maintained and ensure that all major team tasks are managed at all times
Education & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with industry experience
- Excellent attention to detail and numerical ability,
- Proven ability to work as part of a team,
- Capable of working on own initiative,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and presentation skills,
- Experience in the energy industry desirable,
- Hedging experience an advantage,
- Proficient with Microsoft products,
- Experience of SAP an advantage,
- Danish speaker an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail, with an ability and willingness to work in the detail and take a-hands’ on approach.
- Positive, can-do attitude, displaying a high level of commitment & motivation.
- Demonstrates a desire to grow and undertake additional responsibility.
- Highly organised and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Demonstrates articulate and professional communication style across all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrates high levels of personal and professional standards.
- Possesses strong financial acumen.
- Ability to build strong business relationships.
Alternatively you can apply through the link provided for the attention of Martin.