Innovation Project Manager
This role is primarily responsible for managing company-wide medium to complex global projects related to new product launches and product optimisation. Specifically, this individual will manage projects from insight to idea to concept stage through to full commercialisation. You will also be responsible for managing the total innovation programme to provide reports and updates to senior management.
This is a multifaceted role, intended to drive multiple internal and external new product initiatives on the journey to deliver our global ambitions
€65K DOE plus benefits
Duties / Responsibilities:
This is not an exhaustive list and may be subject to change and amendment.
- Lead project management through cross functional teams for assigned innovation projects from reviewing insights to idea generation through to launch.
- Run project team meetings to ensure successful completion of tasks and projects are on track
- Develop external business partnerships with key stakeholders that could include customers, universities, key thought leaders and innovation partners.
- Develop internal business partnerships and manage interfaces with all business functions including R&D, Packaging, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Graphic Design, Regulatory Affairs and Finance.
- Use appropriate project management tools to manage activity and ensure projects are reviewed at appropriate governance forums
- Manage the innovation pipeline, interact with senior leadership and cross functionally and provide visibility, analysis and summaries of innovation projects. Input into innovation portfolio reviews.
- Review on a continuous basis project risks, financial deliverables, timings and other key success metrics
- Manage the total innovation activity programme and provide reports and updates as required
- With the leadership team assist with creating and delivering on the Global Innovation Strategy and influence key stakeholders appropriately
- Assist in the development of the Innovation Framework and rollout across the business
- Assist the business in identifying and receiving appropriate grants and tax credits for R&D activities
- Ensure legal requirements are built in to innovation activities
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Approximately 8-10 years’ experience in managing complex global projects commercialising consumer goods in cosmetics or FMCG, PMP certified a plus
- Excellent project management skills, including leadership and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong personal drive
- Experience in change management and ability to champion new ways of working
- Ability to effectively interact, influence, collaborate and negotiate on tactical and strategic issues with all levels of management and adjust to situations that involve conflicting goals
- Ability to effectively empower others and delegate
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Sinéad Connolly or call Osborne Recruitment on 041 98 65058Apply Now