Lead/Senior Instrument Engineer
On behalf of our client, a leading Irish engineering design company, Osborne have an exciting opportunity for a Lead or Senior Instrumentation Engineer. The company provides Project Management and Engineering Design Services to the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences sector. This is an important hire for the company and is a reflection of their continued growth and expansion, even during these difficult times. The role will be based in Dublin on a permanent basis. The company is open to the successful candidate coming in on either a permanent or contract basis.
An overview of the main responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop I/O Lists and Instrument Indexes
- Develop schematics, drawings, work instructions/method statements in accordance with best practice
- Preparation of I&C specifications including Tender and Construction packages
- Liaise with sales engineers, project engineers, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Complete on the ground surveys of sites as part of overall project design
- Participate in HAZOPs, ATEX, SIL assessments and Interlock reviews as required
- Review and input into Process and Building Services P&ID drawings
- Ability to complete concept designs for new Control systems and develop strategies to suit customer requirements.
The successful candidates' skills and experience should encompass the following:
- Third level degree in a relevant I&C Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience at senior level, ideally in an organisation involved in delivering I&C designs for the Bio-Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical and Life Science Sectors.
- Experienced designing with bus technology – Fieldbus, Profibus, Devicenet, Ethernet IP, etc.
- Ability to read and understand Process and Building Services P&IDs and to develop procurement packs for the associated instrumentation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of DCS/PCS, BMS and PLC systems.
- Ability to deliver Automation and Controls Systems Scopes of Works and contribute to or develop Functional Specifications (FS) and User Requirements Specifications (URS) for these.
- Have the ability to work with Automation Contractors in developing solutions / systems.
- Ability to lead the I&C design and supervise intermate, junior and graduate engineers.
- Office based role only
- Attractive salary for suitable candidates
- Can be on a perm or contract basis
- Opportunities for further development
For more information on this role please apply through the link provided or call Rob on 041 986 5058
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided