Principal Software Engineer (Java)
Excellent opportunity as an established software Development company is looking for a Principal Software Engineer (Java) on a permanent basis based in Dublin.
This is a great opportunity with a highly experienced Java Developer to work on behalf of an innovative company. They provide competitive salary with excellent benefit package such as flexible working hours and remote working.
- Degree in IT or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Java software development.
- Full stack development experience is beneficial. Experience with Angular is a plus.
- Proven track of record in leading a team.
- Experience in programming using open source-tools and libraries.
- Experience with Oracle, or MySQL and NoSQL database.
- Expertise in creation and consumption of RESTful web services or gRPC based services is a must.
- Knowledge of the DevOps philosophy and working with Docker, Kubernetes, and continuous integration services & techniques
- Design and develop new services, applications, and database components
- Take ownership of one or more core microservices on an iterative development model from concept to completion
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, QA, and DevOps, both onsite and remote to deliver scalable solutions
- Assist in preparing accurate estimates for software development work, track progress, and course-correct accordingly
- Lead and work closely with a small team of engineers to deliver high quality releases
- Interview and help hire other engineers on the team
- Maintain high coding standards, participate in design and code reviews
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure quality and test coverage
- Debug and troubleshoot issues across all layers of the solution stack
- Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations and work on continuously applying those to existing and new software solutions
If interested, please apply with your latest CV through the link provided or email Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org You can contact Robert in confidence on 041 986 5058.
For more information, please visit www.osborne.ie