Science and Technology Programme Manager
Programme Manager, Science & Technology – Not for Profit
This excellent opportunity to join a significant, high-profile, not for profit Foundation as Programme Manager in Science and Technology. Reporting to the Foundation Director, you will have a blend of experience across Event Management and Programme Management in particular in the arena of science and technology education.
- Deliver the Science & Technology Programme to agreed timescales and budget.
- Plan and manage the delivery of project events and activities
- Develop and manage relationships with stakeholders
- Prepare and manage the delivery of marketing material for the programme and its projects to include significant amounts of print and web-based materials.
- Develop new Science & Technology projects
- Conduct internal evaluations of the projects and Programme using the Evaluation Framework on a regular basis to ensure projects are on track to achieve their goals. Present evaluations to Management
- Prepare background material for external evaluations, if required. This includes preparation of ‘requests for tender’ and liaising with external consultants to provide them with necessary information.
- Represent the foundation at various Science events, and in media when required.
- Prepare documents and proposals acting as Secretary. This includes conference papers, policy submissions and responses to consultations relating to Science, Technology, Innovation and Education in Ireland and NI
- Liaise with the Fundraising Managers to maintain, develop and report on fundraising income, including grants, and income from foundations, trusts, corporate and individual donors.
- Manage a multi-annual budget including compliance with procurement processes, to include sourcing quotes/tenders where necessary and dealing with Purchase Orders and invoices for same.
- Prepare internal reports
- Report on operational progress and ensure senior management are kept abreast of any important matters.
- Participate in any other Foundation projects, events or activities as directed
- At least 7 years’ previous experience in a similar position which includes project/event management is essential.
- Significant experience of stakeholder management.
- Experience of managing people and budgets.
- Experience of working within the education sector in Ireland (ROI and NI)
- Event and project management skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good research, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Good level of computer proficiency.
- Appreciation of importance of compliance relating to GDPR, procurement processes, child safeguarding, health & safety etc
- Must have driving licence and own car.
- Third level qualification in science, education, science communications or similar.
- Event management/health & safety qualification would be advantageous.
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Aine Wallace or call Aine on 041 9865058
For more information on all of our current jobs visit www.osborne.ie