Senior Bid Writer
Commercial Development Manager- Tendering
My client is seeking an ambitious Commercial Development Manager to work within their existing sales and bid team based with a well-known brand in Dublin 9. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience working in a transformational environment and will have a strong ability to work to deadlines as well as dealing with the tender process.
· Up to €60,000
- Tender Management: To support and coordinate the bid process to ensure that a tender of the highest quality bid is produced and can always be presented in order to meet with the clients stated objectives.
- Work proactively with Sales and Business Development Team, coordinating and integrating the inputs for bid document deliverables from the bid team members across all OCS Departments and from external partners to deliver best practices in tender management.
- Developing and contributing to the identified emerging opportunities, including and submission of pre-qualification and proposal documents.
- Leading planning and managing the bid process, operating business bid protocol and managing associated risks.
- Ensure the timely production of tenders internally and progress their status with the client and management team.
- Coordinate execute bid plans, resource plans and commercial support for complex high value bid opportunities.
- Support incoming enquiries, coordinate client meetings, support the preparation of proposals and PowerPoint presentations.
- Provide project management, bid governance and logistical support for all stages of the bid lifecycle.
- Provide coordination and support in the development of the overall solution, design and execution of the tender document.
- Analyse client requirements and organise, interpret data from multiple sources covering Service Solution, Commercial, Technical and HR perspectives in relation to planning and coordinating the bid proposal.
- Actively monitor websites, newspapers for tender advertisements and report on same.
- Communicate and maintain key data and records relevant to new opportunities.
- Create and store bid collateral (Case studies, Value propositions etc.) for knowledge management purposes.
- Complete all tender documents timelines with the highest quality and level of detail through the effective application of own skills and by managing the corresponding project team and the prospect successfully.
- Production of accurate costings and gaining authorisation from relevant parties.
- Developing a working understanding of all aspects of the allocated projects including technical, financial and commercial so as to a full overview of the proposal and a complete response to the client is provided.
- Acting as the clients point of contact on allocated projects.
- Post tender review
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Experience in Sales/Marketing/Tender Bid Support.
· Technical writing capability.
· Computer literate with good web development skills.
· Proficient with MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Photoshop, Visio, Dream-weaver, Adobe.
· Experience working across multi-functional teams & functions.
· Advanced written and verbal communications skills – including the ability to write, copy-edit and format documents and proposals.
· Will use innovative approaches, looking for opportunities to apply new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
· Sound business acumen coupled with a proven commercial ability
· Tenders development and follow through.
· Creative PowerPoint presentation skills.
· Preparation of tenders & quotations for clients.
· Proven ability to gather, monitor and document data.
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Ellen Byrne or call Osborne on 01 598 4334