Technical Sales Divisional Manager – Mechanical
Osborne Recruitment Cork, in conjunction with our client are looking for an experienced Technical Sales Manager to lead a Division within our clients sales department managing clients in Ireland and the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced technical sales person to advance their career to the next level with a company who's list of clients includes some of the biggest names in the world of pharmaceutical, chemical and biotechnology industries in Ireland and the UK.
This role is based in the companies headquarters in Cork but will require substantial travel to the UK so candidates based in the UK will also be considered.
This is a permanent role, reporting directly to company directors.
There is an excellent package involved including
- Salary circa 60k DOE
- Company car
- Pension Contribution
- Health insurance
- Annual bonus.
The primary duties of this role include
- Project development work with varying engineering houses
- Managing the sales process from initial customer inquiry, through product development, technical specification and final delivery to the client site.
- Offering advice and product solutions to clients regards their needs and requirements
- Identification of new clients and revenue streams for our client.
- Travelling to varying client sites, end user customer premises and trade shows required.
- Providing accurate commercial information relevant to their division within the UK and Irish market.
The ideal candidate will have
- experience within a technical sales role, particularly within Valves, Mechanical or Instrumentation sales roles.
- They will be very commercially astute and posess a lot of industry knowledge.
- They must have the technical ability to be able to identify a customers needs and advise on the correct products to use for a particular project.
- They must be able to read technical drawings in order to accurately communicate with clients and the varying engineering houses.
- Suitable candidates must be self motivated, with a sales driven acumen, an excellent relationship building skillset (with all stakeholders), and strong influencing skills at senior management level.
- The successful applicant will need to possess an ability to maintain & further develop existing strategically important relationships, as well as being self-driven with the capability to bring in new business.