TOP TIPS FOR A GREAT CV
16 December 2018
A well written CV is a personal brochure that highlights your best attributes and helps you get the first foot in the door. At Osborne, we have been helping people find the right roles in the right organisations for 20 years. The team at Osborne have combined their expertise to compile the following five tips for writing the perfect CV.
- Write a personal profile that demonstrates your potential value to the company and will make you stand out from the other candidates. Each CV should be tailored to the specific role and company you are applying to. This involves matching your skills to the job description. Remember, there is no such thing as a generic CV.
- List achievements for each position you have held. Don’t be afraid to sell yourself. Demonstrate how you went above and beyond in previous roles and that you are the right person for the company!
- Bullet point your CV to ensure it is easy to read. Employers receive hundreds of CVs so a clear and concise layout is essential. Always check for typos and grammatical errors too.
- Be honest, to the point, and don’t have any unexplained gaps in your job history.
- Include real, genuine interests that show off your personality. These can also be a useful way to demonstrate any desired skills e.g. that you are a committed team player (sports) or capable of working on your own initiative (a side business).